AIB Enniscorthy - Wexford
This Edwardian bank 1914, is positioned on a corner site between Abbey Quay and Slaney Place, in Enniscorthy County Wexford.
DFG architects were commissioned as conservation architects to access and carry out works to damage to the external stonework that was a result of corroding. This involved restoration of a combination of red sandstone, terracotta with red brick featuring moulded terracotta or red brick dressings.
Included in the works were the oculus window opening to gable with its moulded terracotta surround keystones, and fixed-pane timber window, the red brick Flemish bond chimney stack cornice capping which had spalled and broken brickwork replaced.